- Director of WCCCLC
- Spokesperson/representative of WCCCLC to third parties, including ECCCLC, CACCLC, different parishes (e.g. Vancouver, Seattle, Calgary, Edmonton etc.), communities, media, Archdiocesan Youth Ministry and youth groups.
- Maintain communication with and seek advice from clergies and experienced lay ministers.
- Keep the Core Team focused on the “big picture” while discussing planning details
- Work with Core Team to establish critical path and responsible for managing the overall plan and ensuring timely execution of critical path.
- Maintain open communication within Core Team to ensure overall team integration.
- Organize and facilitate Core Team meetings.
- Attend individual team meetings occasionally to provide support.
- Report regularly to WCCCLC Spiritual Directors on the progress of WCCCLC
- Provide support to Assistant Overall Coordinator on financial, administrative and other matters.
- Obtain appropriate insurance policies for the camp.
- Prepare and submit post-camp report to Archbishop, WCCCLC Spiritual Directors, and pastors of parishes with significant number of WCCCLC participants within 3 months of the camp.
During the camp:
- Act as overall in-charge and be ready to handle contingencies.
- Make final decisions regarding any last minute changes, emergencies and contingencies.
- Be the chief host for visiting Archbishop, speakers and other guests.
- Arrange and carry out core-team meeting after each day’s program.
Specific Skills Required:
- Must be a planning team member or a coordinator of any previous WCCCLC
- Willingness and ability to communicate with pastors and others in leadership positions
- Familiarity of various Chinese parishes and communities in Western Canada